Rules of the Undead Back to Blog
1. They drink blood. I mean, come on, vampires have to drink blood–that’s what their fangs are for! It’s not like they can go around slurping slushies.
2. They don’t age. Once a vampire turns, he stays at the age he was at his “death.” So, if he was twenty when he turned, he’ll be forever twenty. And if he was ninety, well, you get the idea…
3. They are super strong. Thus, they are able to seriously do damage to any enemies they have.
Now, there are lots of other rules about vampires that people often quote. Frankly, I feel if you cover the above three, you’re fine. But here are some of the other rules that people often mention:
1. A stake through the heart will kill a vampire. Hey, it worked for Buffy, and it generally works for me. Sometimes, though, I think a good decapitation is a necessary follow-up to this.
2. They have psychic powers. Specifically, vamps usually have mind-control. Oh, yeah, they can make you do their bidding.
3. They can’t go out in daylight. Okay…I actually don’t always follow this rule when I write about vamps. That’s why it’s on my “sometimes follow” list. Stoker let his vamps go out in the daytime, they were just weaker then. They didn’t instantly burst into flames. The bursting into flames thing, that’s another “sometimes” rule for me.
4. They sleep in coffins. Um…maybe back in the day, but I don’t think so–not anymore.
Have you heard any other vamp rules? “Sometimes” or “Always” facts that you want to list?Tweet It